It is a little known fact that Volvo Trucks first established a production facility in 1972, building heavy duty trucks in Wacol, Brisbane, Queensland and still today manufacture FH, FM and FMX Euro5 models for the Australian and New Zealand region.
Volvo Trucks recognised very early on the operating challenges that customers faced in Australia – heavier loads, greater distances, a climate ranging from the hot and dusty and Outback, to the ice and snow of the Snowy Mountains. In short, conditions that make trucks work harder than just about anywhere in the world.
Since those first days in 1972, Volvo Trucks Australian engineers have used globally proven platforms and the latest technologies to design and test trucks that are tailored for the unique Australian conditions.
- The key to profitability is total cost of ownership. To maximise profit, you need the right truck, personalised services and an extensive support network that keeps you on the road. The FE is Euro 6 compliant making it a cleaner truck to drive.
- We design and engineer every truck and every service to reduce your fuel costs, improve uptime and increase your productivity. Our Volvo customer support comes as standard – from the first kilometre, to the last.
- Our toughest, strongest, most robust truck. Capable of transporting large loads in rough conditions without getting bogged down. And a secure and comfortable workplace for drivers - ensuring productivity and safety.
- The Volvo FMX is ready for anything. It's built for challenging jobs in challenging environments, and prepped with features to suit. And a range of services keeps it running - and working.
- The key to profitability is total cost of ownership. To maximise profit, you need the right truck, personalised services and an extensive support network that keeps you on the road.
- The versatile FM now also has two locally built model options that meet Euro6 emission standards, the FM11 and FM13. Not only are these trucks lower in their emissions, but they also offer improved fuel efficiency.
- All locally build FM models are proud to be certified ‘Australian Made’, there has never been a better time to support the local economy by choosing to invest in locally produced trucks.
- The key to profitability is total cost of ownership. With the right truck, the right services and the right support network, you drive profitability. We design and engineer every truck and every service to reduce your fuel costs, improve uptime and increase your productivity.
- Designed for the heaviest and most demanding operations. The Volvo FH16 is our most powerful truck. Its distinctive design expresses the massive capabilities built into it, as well as its level of refinement. It is one of the safest and most comfortable workplaces in the industry.