Heavy Vehicle Diesel Mechanic
Southern Truck Centre Pty Ltd is seeking to appoint a heavy or light vehicle diesel mechanic. Truck, Bus or Car
Southern Truck Centre is a locally owned and operated dealership based in the Wollongong and Canberra areas. We are exclusive dealers for New Truck Sales, along with Service and Spare parts.
This permanent Full-Time position, 38 hours per week, will be based in Queanbeyan, salary $57,304 + Super + Overtime.
Reporting to the Service Manager. suitable candidates will be motivated, reliable and career driven with a strong background in light, medium and heavy vehicle service, maintenance and repairs. We can convert individuals from a car mechanic to heavy vehicle mechanic. Mature aged apprenticeships are also offered.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Preferred Trade qualification in heavy vehicle/auto mechanics Certificate III
- A varied background in all types of trucks, prime movers, trailers, or light vehicles
- Working with Light to medium diesel units
- High Risk Forklift Licence (preferred but not essential)
- Ability to work autonomously
- An excellent communicator and team player
- A strong commitment to providing excellent service
- A high level of commitment to following safety and WHSE policy and procedures.
- Auto Electrical experience – highly regarded
- Refrigerant handling license – highly regarded
- To apply for this position please email a copy of your resume to:
New Truck Sales Executive
Southern Truck Centre Pty Ltd is seeking to appoint a New Truck Sales Executive. The role will be based at the Queanbeyan dealership.
This position offers variety, job satisfaction, no weekend work, a great team environment and the opportunity to become part of a growing small business.
The salary package includes:
- Base Salary $50k – $55k
- Fully expensed company car
- Mobile phone
To succeed in this role, you will have the following attributes:
- Strong customer service focus
- Self-motivated and well organised
- Strives to achieve and goal orientated
- Market Leading vehicles
- An interest in selling vehicles and / or the transport industry
Whilst previous sales experience would be advantageous, it is not essential, training will be provided. If you are able to demonstrate a proven track record in selling and enjoy the success this brings, you will find this rewarding and enjoyable. Training will be given to support your role.
If this role matches your skills and experience and you enjoy selling great products, please forward a letter of interest and a current resume via e-mail to: